Counties and Cities
Represents generic county and municipal agencies and departments, including public works departments, and permit offices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Incident Management (Traffic and Maintenance) for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Receive incident information, incident response status, and resource requests from the county EOC/warning point.
- Coordinate maintenance resources for incident response with county and city maintenance and construction systems.
- Perform network surveillance for detection and verification of incidents on county and local roads, and send traffic/incident information and traffic images to county fire/EMS/sheriff offices, the FHP, the county EOC, and local fire/EMS/police agencies.
Maintenance and Construction for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Coordinate maintenance and construction activities with other county and city maintenance, and FDOT District 2 construction and maintenance activities.
- Receive requests for maintenance resources for incident response from county fire/EMS/sheriff, local police/fire/EMS, the FHP, 911 emergency call centers, and regional county EOCs.
- Receive requests for maintenance resources for incident response from regional county and city traffic management systems.
- Coordinate maintenance resources for incidents with FDOT District 2 maintenance and construction operations, and other county and city maintenance and construction operations outside the District.
- Distribute maintenance and construction work plan information and asset restrictions to regional traffic agencies, regional transit providers, regional emergency services, the media, private rail operations, and multimodal service providers.
- Maintain ITS field equipment owned by the cities and counties in the region.
- Manage work zones for all county and city maintenance and construction activity, as well as monitor work zone safety with county and city field equipment and vehicles.
- Provide maintenance and construction information to regional traffic operations and to the traveling public using portable DMS equipment.
- Provide maintenance of local, county, and city roads in the region, including pavement maintenance and construction activities.
Traveler Information for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Provide maintenance and construction information to the traveling public using portable DMS equipment.
Last Updated 3/22/2022