County Emergency Management Agencies
Represents the generic county agencies and departments that coordinates emergency response during major disasters or incidents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Emergency Management for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Coordinate emergency plans and maintenance resources with local maintenance and construction agencies.
- Coordinate emergency plans, emergency transit schedules, and the status of emergency transit systems with local transit agencies.
- Coordinate incident and threat information as part of an early warning system with RTMCs and regional emergency management agencies; regional maintenance and construction agencies; regional transit agencies; and regional ISPs.
- Coordinate incident response and incident reports with the county sheriff/fire/EMS/EOC, local police/fire/EMS, the FHP, and other public safety agencies.
- Coordinate wide area alert notifications with regional traffic management agencies; regional emergency management agencies; regional maintenance and construction agencies; and regional transit agencies.
- Develop and coordinate county/region wide emergency plans; evacuation and re-entry plans; and disaster management plans with regional emergency management agencies; traffic management agencies; transit management agencies; and maintenance and construction
- Operate the county EOC/warning points, including incident coordination with regional emergency management providers.
- Participate in incident response, coordination, and reporting for the regional incident and mutual aid network.
- Provide evacuation and incident information to regional ISPs and the media for regional travelers.
Last Updated 9/29/2022