Represents the agencies and departments of Lake City.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Incident Management (Traffic and Maintenance) for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Coordinate maintenance resources for incident response with county and city maintenance and construction systems.
- Perform network surveillance for detection and verification of incidents on city streets, and send traffic/incident information and traffic images to regional public safety agencies, such as county fire/EMS/sheriff offices, the FHP, and local fire/EMS/pol
- Provide incident information to travelers using traffic information devices on city streets, and through local ISPs, Web sites, and the local media.
Traffic Signal Control for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Coordinate emergency traffic signal control with the county EOC/Warning Point.
- Obtain traffic images and traffic flow data using CCTVs and field sensors, and maintain operational control of its own field equipment.
- Operate traffic signal systems for Lake City.
- Provide emergency signal preemption for county fire/EMS.
- Provide interconnection between railroad equipment and traffic signal systems to update signal timing when HRIs are blocked by trains.
Traveler Information for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Provide traffic and road network information to local transit operations.
- Provide traffic information to travelers using Lake City DMS equipment.
- Provide traffic information to travelers using the county public information system, private companies, the northeast Florida traveler information system, and the media.
Last Updated 3/22/2022