County and City Traffic Engineering
Represents the generic county and local traffic management agencies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Nassau County Regional Traveler Information Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide traffic information to jax511.com
Traffic Signal Control for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Coordinate emergency traffic signal control with the county EOC/Warning Point.
- Coordinate traffic information with adjoining county traffic systems.
- Obtain traffic images and traffic flow data using CCTVs and field sensors, and maintain operational control of all field equipment.
- Operate traffic signal systems, including CCTVs, signals, and sensors, on county or local roadways.
- Provide emergency signal preemption for county fire/EMS and local fire/EMS.
- Provide interconnection between railroad equipment and traffic signal systems to update signal timing when HRIs are blocked by trains.
Last Updated 3/22/2022