County Public Safety Agencies - Sheriffs Department
Represents the generic county sheriff's departments.
Stakeholder Groups Associated With:
Roles and Responsibilities:
Emergency Management for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Coordinate emergency response with the county EOCs, FHP, and county sheriff.
- Coordinate incident response and incident reports with the county fire/EMS/EOC, the FHP, local fire/EMS/police, and other public safety agencies.
- Receive Amber Alert, Silver Alert, LEO Alert and other wide area alert information from the county EOC/warning point.
- Receive early warning information and threat information from the county EOC/warning point.
- Respond to transit emergencies/alarms on transit vehicles or in the transit facilities.
- Suggest routes to sheriff vehicles in response to emergencies and track sheriff vehicles to incidents.
- Coordinate region wide emergency plans; evacuation and re-entry plans; and disaster management plans.
- Dispatch county sheriff vehicles to incidents within the jurisdiction.
- Participate in incident response, coordination, and reporting for the regional incident and mutual aid network.
- Perform incident detection and verification for streets within the counties of the region.
Incident Management (Emergency) for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Coordinate incident response with other public safety agencies, such as the police/fire/EMS agencies and the FHP.
- Coordinate maintenance resources in response to incidents with the county and city DPWs, and the FDOT District 2 maintenance section.
- Coordinate public safety resources for incident response with regional traffic agencies, such as the FDOT District 2 RTMC, and county and city agencies.
- Dispatch county sheriff vehicles to incidents within the jurisdiction
- Perform incident detection and verification for all streets in the region, and provide this information to traffic and other safety agencies.
Last Updated 3/22/2022