Orange County Convention Center
Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) is owned and operated by Orange County and is the largest convention center in District 5.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate emergency plans, incident responses, and resources with the county EOC/warning points.
- Coordinate evacuation and reentry plans with the county EOC/warning points.
- Provide traffic information in a coordination effort to Florida 511
- Provide traffic information to local transit operations (Access LYNX paratransit and LYNX operations).
- Provide traffic information to travelers using county and city public information systems, and the media.
- Provide traffic information to travelers using OCCC/IDRA DMS.
- Receive AMBER Alerts and other wide area alert information from FDLE.
- Establish a relationship with financial institutions for smart card payments.
- Provide usability of regional smart cards at facility payment instruments.
- Receive parking lot input from the OCCC/IDRA TMC for coordination of traffic and signalization at the parking facility.
Traffic Signal Control
- Coordinate emergency traffic signal control with the county EOC/warning points.
- Provide parking information from the OCCC parking facility to travelers using dynamic message sign (DMS) devices while providing parking input to the facility to aide in the coordination/operation of traffic signals at the parking facility.
- Coordinate traffic information with the Orange County TMC and the City of Orlando TMC.
Last Updated 3/23/2022