City of Maitland
Represents the municipal agencies and departments of the City of Maitland.
Stakeholder Groups Associated With:
Roles and Responsibilities:
Incident Management (Traffic and Maintenance)
- Perform network monitoring for detection and verification of incidents on city streets, and send traffic/incident information and traffic images to county fire/EMS/sheriff agencies, the FHP, the county EOC, and local fire/EMS/police agencies.
- Provide incident information to travelers using traffic information devices on city streets, and through local ISPs, Web sites, and the local media.
- Coordinate maintenance resources for incident response with county and city maintenance and construction systems.
- Receive incident information, incident response status, and resource requests from the county EOC/warning points.
- Coordinate emergency plans, incident responses, and resources with the county EOC/warning points.
- Coordinate evacuation and reentry plans with the county EOC/warning points.
- Provide traffic information in a coordination effort to Florida 511
- Provide traffic information to travelers using private companies; county and city public information systems; and the media.
- Receive AMBER Alerts and other wide area alert information from FDLE.
Traffic Signal Control
- Provide emergency signal preemption for county and local fire/EMS agencies.
- Coordinate emergency traffic signal control with the county EOC/warning points.
- Coordinate HRI signal adjustments, and provide track status information (e.g., blockage) to rail operators and local traffic operations.
- Provide transit signal priority for regional transit providers using roadside devices.
- Obtain traffic images and traffic flow data from CCTVs and field sensors, and maintain operational control of its own field equipment.
- Operate traffic signal systems, including CCTVs, signals, and sensors, for the City of Maitland.
Last Updated 3/23/2022