Represents the agencies and departments of Marion County
Stakeholder Groups Associated With:
Roles and Responsibilities:
Traffic Signal Control
- Collect, store and provide access to traffic data.
- Coordinate alternate routes with City of Ocala when applicable.
- Collect traffic probe information from vehicles using roadside devices.
- Detect and verify incidents.
- Implement incident signal timing plans at County traffic signals.
- Maintain the County's traffic control devices and systems.
- Monitor traffic operations.
- Provide a demand-responsive transit plan to users and travelers using local agency traveler information systems.
- Coordinate emergency plans with county EOCs, and provide emergency transit services for evacuations, fires, and disasters, including reentry services.
- Provide paratransit/demand-responsive transit service for Marion County.
- Coordinate multimodal connections for fixed-route transit vehicles with other regional transit agencies.
- Provide transit schedule and fare information to local agency traveler information systems.
- Track and evaluate schedule performance on all MTS transit vehicles.
Last Updated 3/23/2022