County and City Traffic Engineering
Represents the generic county and local traffic management agencies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Incident Management (Traffic and Maintenance)
- Perform network surveillance for detection and verification of incidents on county and local roads, and send traffic/incident information and traffic images to county fire/EMS/sheriff agencies, the FHP, the county EOC, and local fire/EMS/police agencies.
- Coordinate maintenance resources for incident response with county and city maintenance and construction systems.
- Receive incident information, incident response status, and resource requests from the county EOC/warning points.
Traffic Signal Control
- Provide emergency signal preemption for county and local fire/emergency medical service (EMS) agencies.
- Coordinate emergency traffic signal control with the county EOC/warning points.
- Coordinate highway-rail intersection (HRI) signal adjustments, and provide track status information (e.g., blockage) to rail operators and local traffic operations.
- Coordinate traffic information with the Orange County TMC and SEMTAC.
- Obtain traffic images and traffic flow data from Brevard County CCTVs and field sensors, and maintain operational control of all field equipment.
- Operate county and local drawbridge systems in conjunction with county and local signal systems.
- Operate traffic signal systems, including CCTVs, signals, and sensors, on county and local roadways (CCTV are future).
Last Updated 3/23/2022