Regional Public Safety Agencies
Represents the generic county and municipal public safety agencies, including EMS, fire departments, police departments, and sheriff's departments. Also represents the agencies that manage and operate PSAPs (Public Safety Answering Points).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Emergency Management for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Coordinate incident response and incident reports with the county sheriff/fire/EMS/EOC and local police/fire/EMS; the FHP; and other public safety agencies.
- Receive emergency calls for incidents within the 911 centerís jurisdictions. Coordinate incident response the local public safety agencies, such as local police/fire/EMS/sheriff offices and the FHP.
- Participate in incident response, coordination, and reporting for the regional incident and mutual aid network.
Incident Management (Emergency) for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Receive emergency calls for incidents within jurisdictions of the 911 center. Coordinate incident response and dispatch with the county and local public safety agencies (e.g., police, fire, EMS, and sheriff offices, and the FHP).
- Coordinate maintenance resources in response to incidents with the county and city departments of public works (DPWs), the City of Jacksonville traffic engineering division, and the FDOT District 2 maintenance section.
Last Updated 9/29/2022