City of Jacksonville Fire and Rescue
The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department, serving the City of Jacksonville and parts of Duval County.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Commercial Vehicle Operations for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Coordinate HAZMAT spill incident response with other area emergency management agencies.
- Receive HAZMAT spill notifications from private commercial fleets.
Emergency Management for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Coordinate emergency response with county Fire/EMS, other local Fire/EMS and County EOCs.
- Coordinate incident response and incident reports with other county sheriffs, county EOCs, the FHP, and other local fire/EMS/police agencies.
- Coordinate with regional medical centers regarding the status of care facilities and patients en route to medical centers.
- Suggest routes to Fire/EMSvehicles in response to emergencies and track vehicles to incidents.
- Receive emergency vehicle preemption from signals in the City of Jacksonville.
- Receive early warning and threat information from county EOCs.
- Receive AMBER Alerts, Silver Alerts, LEO Alerts and other wide area information from the FDLE
Incident Management (Emergency) for Northeast Florida Regional ITS Architecture - FDOT District 2
- Dispatch county fire/EMS vehicles to incidents in the region.
- Participate in incident response, coordination, and reporting for the regional incident and mutual aid network.
- Coordinate incident response and incident reports with the Jacksonville Sheriff, other county sheriffs and fire/EMS, the county EOC, the FHP, and other local fire/EMS and police agencies.
- Coordinate maintenance resources in response to incidents with Jacksonville Maintenance, county and city PWDs, and FDOT District 2 Maintenance.
Last Updated 3/22/2022