Represents the agencies and departments of Orange County.
Stakeholder Groups Associated With:
Roles and Responsibilities:
Incident Management (Traffic and Maintenance)
- Perform network monitoring for detection and verification of incidents on county roads, and send traffic/incident information and traffic images to county fire/EMS/sheriff agencies, the FHP, the county EOC, and local fire/EMS/police agencies.
- Provide incident information to travelers via traffic information devices on county roads and through local ISPs, Web sites, and the local media.
- Coordinate maintenance resources for incident response with county and city maintenance and construction systems.
- Receive incident information, incident response status, and resource requests from the county EOC/warning points.
- Coordinate emergency plans, incident responses, and resources with the county EOC/warning points.
- Coordinate evacuation and reentry plans with the county EOC/warning points.
- Provide traffic information in a coordination effort to the Florida 511
- Provide traffic information to local transit operations, including ACCESS LYNX paratransit and LYNX operations.
- Provide traffic information to travelers using Orange County DMS devices.
- Provide traffic information to travelers using private companies; county and city public information systems; and the media.
- Receive AMBER Alerts and other wide area alert information from FDLE.
Traffic Signal Control
- Provide emergency signal preemption for county and local fire/EMS agencies.
- Collect vehicle probe data using roadside equipment and calculate travel times.
- Coordinate emergency traffic signal control with the county EOC/warning points.
- Coordinate HRI signal adjustments, and provide track status information (e.g., blockage) to rail operators and local traffic operations.
- Provide parking demand information to private/public parking facilities to determine parking capacity and traffic implications at the facility.
- Coordinate traffic information and traffic control with the FDOT District 5 RTMC.
- Coordinate traffic information with the Lake County TOC; SEMTAC; the City of Orlando TMC; county and local traffic Control systems; the Disney TOC; the OCCC Osceola County TMC
- Provide transit signal priority for regional transit providers using roadside devices.
- Obtain traffic images and traffic flow data from CCTVs and field sensors, and maintain operational control of its own field equipment.
- Operate traffic signal systems, including CCTVs, signals, and sensors, for Orange County.
Last Updated 3/23/2022