Local Agencies - Fire EMS/Rescue Departments
Represents the generic municipal and local fire, EMS and Rescue Departments.
Stakeholder Groups Associated With:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate emergency response with the county EOCs and county fire/EMS agencies.
- Coordinate incident response and incident reports with the county sheriff, county fire/EMS agencies, county EOC, the FHP, local police, and other public safety agencies.
- Coordinate with regional medical centers regarding the status of care facilities and patients en route to medical centers.
- Dispatch fire/EMS vehicles to incidents in the region.
- Receive AMBER Alerts and other wide area alert information from FDLE.
- Receive early warning information and threat information from the county EOC/warning points.
- Receive emergency vehicle preemption from the counties of Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Volusia, as well as the cities of Daytona Beach, Melbourne, Maitland, Ocala, Orlando, and Winter Park, and Disney traffic signals.
- Suggest routes to fire/EMS vehicles in response to emergencies and track EMS vehicles to incidents.
- Participate in incident response, coordination, and reporting for the regional incident and mutual aid network.
Incident Management (Emergency)
- Coordinate incident response with other public safety agencies, including the local police, county sheriff, and the FHP.
- Coordinate local fire/EMS resources for incident response with regional traffic agencies, including the FDOT, and county and city agencies.
- Coordinate maintenance resources in response to incidents with county and city PWDs; CFX construction and maintenance systems; and the FDOT District 5 maintenance system.
- Dispatch local fire/EMS vehicles to incidents in the jurisdiction
- Perform incident detection and verification for all streets in the region, and provide this information to traffic and other safety agencies.
Last Updated 3/23/2022