LYNX is the transit authority operating in the primary transit system of the region operated, officially named the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide a demand-responsive transit plan to users and travelers on the LYNX Web site.
- Provide automated transit maintenance scheduling for all transit vehicles using automated vehicle conditions reporting.
- Coordinate a transit security breach with local police and the county sheriff.
- Provide fixed-route and paratransit/demand-responsive transit services for the central Florida region.
- Coordinate emergency plans with county EOCs, and provide emergency transit services for evacuations, fires, and disasters, including reentry.
- Provide operator instructions and receive schedule performance data from transit vehicles while in service.
- Coordinate multimodal connections for fixed-route transit vehicles with other regional transit agencies and multimodal service providers.
- Provide transit passenger electronic fare payment on all fixed-route and ACCESS LYNX demand-response vehicles, including the ability to obtain a fare payment card through agency-owned transit kiosks or other kiosks.
- Provide transit schedule and fare information to the central Florida traveler information system, local agency traveler information systems, the LYNX transit Web site, and the LYNX virtual planning center.
- Provide transit security on all transit vehicles, and at transit terminals and other transit facilities, using silent alarms and surveillance systems.
- Provide transit traveler information on the LYNX Web site to local private sector traveler information services, the central Florida traveler information system, and the virtual travel planning center, as well as making it available on all demand-response
- Obtain traffic signal priority from Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties; and the cities of Maitland, Orlando, and Winter Park using the respective roadside field equipment for all fixed-route transit vehicles.
- Receive road network conditions from regional traffic management agencies.
- Receive work zone information and road network status from regional maintenance and construction agencies.
- Track and evaluate schedule performance on all LYNX fixed-route transit and ACCESS LYNX paratransit vehicles.
- (Inputs) Receive incident information, traffic information, weather information, and transit information from regional agencies.
- (Outputs) Provide real-time trip planning capabilities for transit riders based on real-time travel conditions and transit availability.
Last Updated 3/23/2022